This is it!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Still Counting...

I'm sure Ashley and Drew are still counting too.  We sent Savannah and Jake off to Idaho to spend a week with Lindsay and Travis before the wedding.  They're gonna get to do lots of fun things and get out of town for a little while.  One more fling before school starts.  They are riding part of the way with the Haueters so Travis is driving to Burley today to pick them up. That means our house will be strangely quiet for the next week or so.  Cameron is still home but he's not much of a trouble maker.  He spends his time working on various projects on his computer and when I ask him what he's doing I know the answer I'll get..."nothing".  He seems to get a lot done considering that he's never really doing anything.

So now Cameron's found a ride to Idaho.  Good thing Merrianne and I like each other.

8 days left till the wedding.  We've been working toward this all summer and its almost here.  Weird.  I'm sure its seemed like an eternity for Drew and Ashley but it has flown by for me.  I think we've finally worked out some important details like Merrianne's dress color and some other things for the reception here.  Its strange that Moms get so worked up over these details.  Me, not so much. I'll just put on my suit with the tie color that has been predetermined for me. No decision there.  Stand where I'm told to and shake hands in a friendly manner exuding happiness and fatherly authority.  Not too tough.  Pay the wedding bills when they all start coming next month...AHA.  Now I know where I fit in.  I may be a small part of the puzzle but I'm an important part.  It's nice to feel needed.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you and mom like each other too. And my apartment is a lot less quiet this week, and more messy. We have traded places. Have fun with your beautiful wife this week. Mom is saying that instead of having a "date night", you have a "date week". =)

    ReplyDelete