This is it!

Monday, August 15, 2011

No kids...

It's really weird not having the constant stream of people coming and going, or the constant questions that begin with "what would happen if...", or being able to watch what I want to watch instead of the Disney channel, or not having to remind certain family members to brush their teeth before they rot out of their head, or to have to jump up and take someone somewhere or go pick somebody up whose been gone all day, or having to constantly say "stop it, stop it, stop it", or to see the house stay clean, or only needing to take the trash out once the whole week instead of needing a green dumpster in front of the house, or not having a muffin ripped out of my hands by someone saying "you really don't need that", or not hearing country music blaring from the downstairs bathroom, not having to go through the whole house turning off all the lights in the empty rooms, not having to explain why showers really are a necessary part of personal hygiene, not feeling foolish because I'm the only person in the house who doesn't know who would win if the Avengers battled the Fantastic Four, or taking several days to fill the dishwasher instead of filling it several times a day, or seeing the 2 gallons of milk sit in the fridge unopened and the cereal boxes not being emptied out in just a few minutes after being removed from the grocery bag, not coming home from work and having no place to park in front of my own house and realizing that the situation is even more ridiculous because I'm riding a motorcycle. 

In a sick, twisted sort of way I miss these things.

But on the other hand I get to nap on the couch on Sunday afternoon without kids wrestling on top of me, eat whatever sounds good for dinner instead of choosing something that we think he might like.  I get to run errands on Saturday at a leisurely pace instead of worring how long they've been alone and whether or not the house is burning down.  I get to take off on a motorcycle roadtrip with my #1 biker chick to Walla Walla to take in a movie (even though she pointed out that the same one was playing just down the road.) But best of all, date night turns into date week and nobody can interfere with our plans. Wait...one of the kids is calling. I better run.  Talk to you later...

1 comment: