This is it!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Life is good...

Today is the first day for a long time that we've seen the sun and to top it off it must be 50 degrees out there.  Of course, I'm inside all day.  But I did volunteer to take out the trash so I got to walk to the dumpster.  Days like today make me think of all the things I have to be thankful for.  I have a beautiful wife who I adore and who loves me. I have great kids who I'm so proud of I could pop (bad visual) because they seem to be so adept at making correct decisions.  Some are married with wonderful spouses and some are not but they all have bright futures with lots of happiness ahead of them.  I live in a great place where the people are nice and I've been lucky enough to start a successful business because so many people have been so loyal to their eye doctor. 

I know what you're thinking; who are you and what have you done with Geoff Bullock? I know this is very uncharacteristic of me to actually look at the positive side of life, but Merrianne and I had a talk and decided that we both need to do that more.  Don't worry, I'm not going to burst through the front door of my office and skip across the parking lot of my office singing Zip-A-Dee-Do-Da.  I couldn't do that if I wanted to without a couple of cortisone shots in very specific places.  But I do realize that I have a lot to be thankful for so I'm gonna try to act like it.  Keep in mind that this goes against my deepest genetic make up so I may slip occasionally, but I am going to try to be more positive. 

On a lighter note, I feel a little thinner.  I've been pretty faithful about exercising in the evenings and I think it's helping.  Amazing how that works. Who'd of ever thought...?   I can wear some of my shirts that were previously tight around my table muscle and that feels good.  I have a long way to go though, so I'm not bragging just yet.  I've got to keep at it until I hit 200. I'm thinking a Les Paul but I need the full 24 frets to the body for the really high stuff so I'll do my homework.  Speaking of guitars, Savannah and I have a gig tonight.  We're doing Teach Me To Walk In The Light for Young Women's New Beginnings tonight.  She's singing and I be jommin on the guitar mon.  I've got a cool lead solo between the second and third verse. (just kidding, come on lighten up.)  I could do it if I wanted to I just don't want to. 

Gotta go. Lunch is almost over.  Gotta play eye doctor.
                                                              Cool huh                                                                                    

1 comment:

  1. Can you do that rainbow thing to my eyes?! Dad, I love you tons! I'm so grateful you're my example. It's easy to make good decisions when we've had amazing examples our whole lives. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete