This is it!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

One More Time...

Well, a lot has happened since the last post. I guess when you're negligent in your posting duties that can happen.  Two weeks ago we were in Utah for Cameron and McKenna's wedding and reception.  Everything went great. George Durrant was their sealer in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple and the whole experience was wonderful.  I didn't tell him that my wife had a crush on his son and wanted to marry him for the longest time. I thought it might make things a little awkward. But the whole ceremony was beautiful. The reception was equally impressive. Jill, McKenna's Mom, went all out with the vintage/retro theme and the decorations. I was really catching the vibe and the whole feng shui of the event. I have no idea what that means. I heard it on HGTV.


The reception here on Friday night went well too. The vintage/oldie theme was continued and even expanded upon.  I guess that's why I felt right at home. I let my hair grow out a little so some of the gray showed (if you look really hard) so I could feel like I was part of the motif. I was vintage personified. I tried to loose a little more weight so more wrinkles would be visible but it didn't work out. I guess subconsciously I must have realized that was going a bit too far. Yea, that must be what happened.


Merrianne really did well with the decorations.  She said that she just collected things and couldn't see how it would all fit together in the end. Could have fooled me. It was all perfect. Good thing I wasn't in charge of the decorations. To me vintage means old cars and classic motorcycles. That would have been hard to pull off in the gym at church.  A pre-CBS Fender Precision bass thrown in there would have been pretty cool though. 


But now it's all over. All the hoopla, all the festivities, all the pictures that are so fun to pose for under the intense exposure of solar UVA and UVB, all the hand shaking, the setting up and taking down and setting up and taking down again, the joy and feeling of accomplishment of sweating through my newest suit coat and all, the endless supply of healthy goodies and refreshments; it's all over.  Now all we have are the memories and a bunch of junk in our garage. Oh well. So I don't wax too nostalgic I'll look at the bright side.We only have to do this two more times.

No comments:

Post a Comment