This is it!

Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

This Father's Day turned out to be a great one. We had a great day at Church; our last Sunday with the old Badger Mountain Ward because next week we all start our new wards. Ward boundaries were changed a week ago and we lost about a hundred people but we're gaining about 40.  I taught EQ this week and my lesson went pretty well. 

After church the real festivities began. We grilled pork ribs with plenty of Sweet Baby Ray's (our BBQSoC- BBQ sauce of choice),and had my favorite pasta salad with chicken and grapes, corn on the cob, and baked potatoes- a meal fit for a dad.  And after I had more than my share of everything it was time for dessert- eclair cake. I was in food heaven.  It just doesn't get any better than that. 

After dinner we had the chance to sit around for a little while. I even got to take a nap.  Life is tough ...right?  Then we watched Remember the Titans  ("Who do they think they are, the Beatles?")  Great movie. It's fun to spend time with family.  I did get a call from the bishopric to speak in church next week but that's OK; there won't be as many people.

This morning it hit me. This was the last Father's Day as a dad only. By the time the next one rolls around I'll be Grandpa.  I'm glad I didn't think of it yesterday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment